Monday, August 6, 2007

Kamarah's Yummy Salsa

My friend Kamarah brought this to dinner one time when we had them over and from the first bite I knew I had to have the recipe. I am a salsa junkie so I was all over this delicious stuff. (Thanks, Kamarah, for bringing this salsa into my life!)

1 jalapeño (or if you don't want it too hot, substitute a few drops of Tabasco sauce instead. I've done this when forgetting to buy a jalapeño and it's yummy).
2 bunches of green onions (I've also used half green and half red onions for this)
7 roma tomatoes
1 6 oz. can of tomato paste
1/2 can El Pato sauce (8 oz.) (you can get this in the Hispanic food isle in the grocery store)
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1/2 tsp. salt (to taste)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (to taste)
1 avocado (I added this because I adore avocados and I think it makes this salsa even yummier. Do what you wish).

(Kamarah tells me her friend from Mexico gave her this recipe and told her that it's important to hand cut everything. I personally don't have that kind of patience, so I hand cut most things. But I do put the cilantro and onion (if using one other than green) in a food chopper.)

So just cut everything up, pour in the tomato sauce and El Pato sauce (and I add a little water because it's kind of thick without it), cover and chill. This makes a lot (but doesn't last long if it's anywhere near me).

Enjoy!

No comments: